Tuesday, May 20, 2008

TIME AIMCAT 920

TIME conducted it's first AIMCAT for CAT 2008 on May 18th. TIME AIMCAT series was originally supposed to start on the 25th. IMS which usually has it's mocks from July decided to start early and increase the number of mocks forcing TIME to change the dates
and reduce the prices as well.A good bargain for CAT aspirants in the end.

Since both the IMS SIMCAT and TIME AIMCAT were held at the same time,I decided
to go with TIME as I have done these last couple of years.TIME did a bad job in terms of organizing the first AIMCAT,at least that's how it was in my center. There were lots of people walking in after ten without prior registration.TIME had very few people to manage the crowd.
The test started 20 minutes late.

The mock itself was pretty okay and was in the lines of last year's CAT.No
surprises there. I started with the verbal section(again no surprises there).
Did a few questions. Then moved to quant.Did the first 2 questions and
then came back to verbal. Completed it.Went to quant and then DI.

Not a great strategy, I admit.I was just experimenting.

As has been the case these last few years, I did well in verbal but got
badly screwed in Quant and DI.I have always started the AIMCAT
series well.I managed a sub 150 rank last time and I had 98+ percentile
the year before that. I lose momentum after the first 7-8 mocks.I
started missing sectional cut-offs regularly.Then the overall ranking and
the percentile drop to alarmingly low levels.

By all indications , It's a bad start this year.

I hope things get better from here

TAKEAWAYS:

Need to stick to a proper time plan.

Should not keep DI for last

Need to practice DI regularly

I missed a few sitters in Quant.Should read all quant questions in the future.

No comments: